Today we are going to talk about Indie Author S. Esmè Rosalie. This lovely romance writer is an absolute darling and you need to check her out on Instagram!
1. When did you know writing was what you wanted to do?
I knew I wanted to write in high school and got a scholarship to study In wellington New Zealand but I lost my way. As fate would have it when I got into it again I remembered why I was writing and I had alot more experience to draw on.
2. What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
My schedule is around my three children, the youngest who is two.
3. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
My inspiration came from poetry and journaling. I started posting them on social media and kept getting asked when I would write a book. My next step was to formulate it as a contemporary fiction.
4. What is your writing Kryptonite?
I don’t have a kriptitonite but my kids certainly eat into my writing time.
5. If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do?
I would have traveled more. I have traveled around New Zealand and Australia but I would have loved to go to more places, expercislly exotic or cultured places.
6. What would the main character in your book have to say about you?
My character would say we’re very similar.
7. Tell us a little bit about your next project (or current project).
My project at the moment is a series that is a contemporary romance. It is about someone who tries to find herself but is battling past demons and new desires. Trying to find herself amidst her current relationship and the temptation of new love.
8. If you had to give up either snacks and drinks during writing sessions, or music, which would you find more difficult to say goodbye to?
I’d find it more difficult to give up snacks because I dont listen to music while I write.
9. Which is your favorite season to write in, and why?
My favorite season to write in is winter because in summer and spring I like to be outside. I feel like I’m missing out of things when I’m inside writing during summer.
10. Who is the most supportive person in your life when it comes to your writing?
My husband without a doubt. From looking after the kids, to working long hours to support me and doing that little extra hosue work all adds up. Not to mention encouraging words! All this and he doesn’t read so has not read my book!
1. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
I would probably be a red crayon because im bright and vivid.
2. What’s your favorite ’90s jam?
Music is a hard one for me because I had a differnt childhood and didn’t hear a lot of music. Probalby ‘hit me baby one more time’ by Britney Spears because I was able to listen to music by then. Followed closely by Nirvana. Also I heard both at a lot of parties which is always a fun memeory.
3. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
Open a petting zoo for kids.
4. Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman?
I think batman purely because I like him more.
5. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?
A Magnolia tree because I love that they’re ever green and have the most beautiful flowers. They are majestic and radiate a strong sense of self.
6. If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs—such as food and water—were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
If I was stuck on a desert island I would definitely want a large notebook and pen (Assuming I had blankets because I hate to be cold)
7. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?
100 duck sized horses. Hard question because I’m not particularity fond of horses but I don’t like the thought of a large beak!
8. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Eye of the tiger, because I like to think I will keep rising up to any challenge that faces me.
9. If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
Katie Perry because she looks similar to me and is ubber cool (unlike me)
10. If aliens visited you and asked you for anything you wish for or gave you a position on their home planet, what can you choose?
I definitely would’t wish to go to their planet. I quite like earth. I would probably wish for world peace. I know typical answer but I can keep dreaming. When i was a id dad said Imagine all the people song was written by dreamers like me.
Make sure to check our her upcoming book Beautifully Broken – coming out Fall 2019!
In the meantime, if you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook – you probably already know this. If you want a behind the scenes peek of my upcoming novel, The God Queen, then sign up for my newsletter! Just click the subscribe button below!
Are you interested in more? Check out the first four chapters
If you are already set in buying The God Queen go ahead and preorder
And don’t forget to sign up for my pre-sale giveaway once you buy!